The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed is a specialty after-market steel bed manufactured to fit pickup trucks, aiding farmers and ranchers in the feeding process of livestock and the transport of large rounds of hay. The same hydraulic components operate both the arm function and the unique dump bed function, adding considerably to the versatility of the unit.
The Ultimate Bale Bed
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed is considered by many to be the ultimate bale bed because of its feature-rich design, ruggedly built components, ease of operation and competitive pricing.
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed’s unique dump feature expands your capabilities to handle hay and dump materials from the comfort of your cab. There is no other unit on the market like it. Arm lift capacity is 2,850 pounds, and bed dump capacity is 6,000 pounds.
Independent Arm Action
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed uses two squeeze cylinders rather than a set of phasing cylinders for better squeeze and maneuverability. You can move the arms separately or in tandem for easier bale retrieval when stacked end-to-end. This also helps load into a ring feeder, even if you do not have a straight shot. Lift any size or shape effortlessly— round, square, wide or narrow. You can haul up to four 4’ rounds side-by-side with a dual-wheel pickup. You can also squeeze a large 4’ by 8’ square bale end-to-end or from the side. The arm range on dual wheel trucks of 3’6″ to 9’6″ enables you to grab small or misshapen items as well.
Free-Float Arm System
The free-float arm system allows you to unroll hay while maintaining full contact with the ground over rough terrain. This function helps to prevent skips and thick blankets of hay, allowing even distribution of feed and reducing waste.
Locking Valve System
Our unique locking valve stops arms from creeping out when carrying hay bales. Additionally, unlike other units on the market, our design significantly limits truck frame stress.
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed makes work easier and quicker in so many ways, especially hooking up your gooseneck trailer. Just raise the bed until the jack stand is off the ground, store the jack, lower the bed, and off you go. No more cranking!
- Electric-over-hydraulic heavy-duty 4 GPM power unit
- LED work lights that work on a switch in the cab
- Tethered hand control
- Additional set of stop/turn lights in the headache rack
- Heavy duty 2 x 4 x 3/16″ rounded bent tube headache rack with louvers for stylish good looks and the ultimate in safety
- 2-5/16″, 30,000 pound rated hitch ball with 1″ rise, recessed in the bed with door closure
- 1/8” Treadplate floor with component access doors – bed can be serviced from the ground. No need to work in a cramped toolbox.
- Mud flaps
- LED running lights throughout the bed
- Four 3 x 20 lift cylinders
- Two 2 x 6 squeeze cylinders
- 350 Amp fuse and fuse block system
- Grab handles on each side of the headache rack
- D-ring tie-down rings on each side of the bed
- Two-part urethane primer and paint for more durability and shine